A dedicated ministry of prayer is longstanding history here at St. John’s UCC. A community of people whose mission it is to pray for the needs of the congregation, as well as broader concerns for our neighborhood, nation, and world, meets weekly in the church parlor at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesdays. Members then covenant to continue praying over a list of people and concerns in their devotional times at home.
Prayer may be requested by filling out a printed card located in the pews, calling the church (859-431-1818) during office hours, or by email: [email protected].
Prayer request can also be submitted online through: https://forms.gle/nVDiA65kXnCP1ZwZ7
All information submitted will be treated with discretion. At the time of your request, you may also ask for a pastoral visit if indicated.
Here are some most often asked questions about the Prayer Ministry:
– Do you need to be a member of St. John’s to ask for prayer for yourself or others?
– Will the name be published in the Sunday bulletin and the Visitor?
– May I instead choose to be on a confidential list that is NOT published? Yes
– How long will the request remain on the list?
Ordinarily one month
– Can requests be renewed as often as necessary
– *If I attend a Tuesday prayer session, would I be expected to pray aloud? Never
*Interestingly, this is THE #1 question we are asked concerning our Prayer Group!! Be assured that visiting us for a session would add much prayer power but require nothing on your part aside from joining with us in spirit. PLEASE feel free at any time to come sit with us.
It is so simple. It is like quietly opening the door and slipping into the very presence of God.
There, in the stillness, to listen for His voice, perhaps to petition or only to listen,- it matters not.
“Just to be there
In His presence