St. John’s UCC has resumed in-person worship. Please see below for outlines and guidelines for current practices. Online Worship services will continue to be shared on this website and social media outlets. Please check back in for more information.
In Person Worship Guidelines
Now that the doors have been opened for in-person worship, the main goal is to do so in the safest way possible for you, your family and other worshippers. We have made many changes based on guidelines from the CDC, state of Kentucky and local health department that have been recommended for the reopening of houses of worship. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated as we all deal with this new normal.
- Masks will be optional for fully vaccinated people (2 weeks after the second dose of Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or 2 weeks after single dose of Johnson & Johnson) and will be required for non-vaccinated people.
- There should be no handshaking, hugging, or passing of the peace.
- On communion Sundays, you will be handed a pre-packaged communion pack. It will contain a wafer and a cup of juice. When you exit the sanctuary, please place the empty package in the trash can by the door.
- You will be handed a bulletin as you enter the building. Please take it home with you or put it in a trash can at the door as you exit.
- Children should remain with parents at all times. Nursery and Sunday School will not be available.
- The offering plates will be at each door so you may deposit your offering in them as you leave or when you enter.
- Donnie, our custodian, will clean and disinfect the sanctuary and other areas around the building after each service with the appropriate cleaning supplies.
We understand this is a lot, but hopefully these will be temporary measures. If you have any questions, please ask an usher.
Thank you in advance for doing your part in trying to keep everyone safe and healthy.
How to View This Week’s Online Church Service
Can’t come to church? St. John’s Newport will have their own YouTube channel where you can view the online worship service each week. You will also have the option of viewing the service on our Facebook page or church website and you will still be able to use the call in feature (audio only through your telephone).
Below are the various ways that you can continue to stay connected to our worship life together. You will still be able to access the bulletin and order of worship for Sunday through the weekly email or on our church website (www.stjohnsuccnewport.org). You will be able to access the worship services in several different ways:
Call in (audio only)
This method ONLY works starting at 10:30am on Sundays. To access this each Sunday, you can do the following:
– At 10:30am on Sundays, call either 929-205-6099 or 312-626-6799 (either number will work).
– You will then be (quickly and repeatedly) prompted to enter a meeting ID –
that ID is 997-401- 6614.
– You will then be asked a participant ID. There is no need to enter a number. Simply hit # on your phone and you will be connected to the audio of the service.
– That is it. You will be connected.
You can access the video of the worship service starting at 10:30am ET each Sunday and it will be available any time after that as well. There are multiple ways to access the video of the worship service.
St. John’s UCC website
On the front page of the website will be a permanent link to the worship service. This will take you to a page where the video will be shown.
St. John’s UCC Facebook page
You do not need to have a Facebook account to access this page (but Facebook will nag you about making an account, nothing we can do about that). The service will be posted here. If you have a Facebook account, you will be able to post comments, questions, thoughts about what you experience and how the Spirit speaks to you.
St. John’s YouTube Channel
This link will take you to the St. John’s YouTube channel and the most recent worship service as well as other videos we are working on. If you have a “Smart TV” or something like a Roku, AppleTV, or other device you can also access this through your TV.